Thursday, March 11, 2010

Enchiladas from Leftovers

With the pork tostadas I made the other night, I certainly had leftovers. And I was feeling something a bit different. Emily suggested enchiladas. Now, I have to give a small amount of background here. I always have ingredients for enchiladas at hand (the same goes for a chocolate cake, you can never be too careful). Why? Because enchiladas offer a lot of versatility and can easily be made into dinner. Take some tortillas, wrap it around a nice warm filling, place it in a pan, pour sauce and/or cheese over it, and bake until bubbly. Boom, dinner. And you can put so much into an enchilada, that's why I like them so much. I put leftover shredded meats, rice, beans, whatever I can find that sounds good together. You could even make them for breakfast.

For this I used the leftover shredded pork and some cooked rice. They got the thumbs up from Emily, so I'm keeping it on my list of "things I make the next night". Enjoy
Pork Enchiladas
Serves 4

1/2 pound shredded pork or smiliar filling
2 cups ooked white rice
3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon chili powder
10 flour tortillas
1 12 ounce can red enchilada sauce
Shredded cheese (Colby jack is good here)

In a small sauce pot combine the pork and rice over medium heat. Put it into whatever ratio you want, I used about ½ pound pork to 1 ½ cups of rice. Cook until warm, add sour cream, chile powder, and salt and pepper to taste.


Preheat your oven to 375°F. On a flat surface spoon a bit of the filling evenly into the tortillas. Roll them up and place them with the edge down in a baking dish. Cover with sauce and cheese. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and the enchiladas are hot, about 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld March 15, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

Sounds wonderful to me. I stumbled here by chance, but stayed a while to read what is going on. I really like what you are doing here and will be back often to see what's going on.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP