Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Interesting Read

t's been a slow few weeks in my kitchen. With the weather pretty pitiful and the quality of products pretty steady at my local supermarket, I have been hesitant to make a lot of new dishes. Which makes for some blasé reading on a blog. Never fear, I'm making lasagna tonight, and when I make another angel food cake this weekend it can be "cake or death" time. In the meantime, here is an article I read yesterday that gave me some pause.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090126/BIZ/901260305


It's about a push by restaurateurs and chefs for more funding and control for smaller farms. Now, having experienced my first true year with a farmers market (and the fact that I am suffering through the winter months not having one), this is extremely exciting. While big farms are great for supermarkets, we all know the quality of their product is bunk next to Farmer Joe who owns 50 acres. I for one would love to see more locally grown, small farm food in my stores. Certain markets have already started this, but I'm hoping the foodie like nature of our current President will work to improve the food policy.

1 comments:

Marisa January 29, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Good news for us!

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009901260324

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP