Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Maru Sushi

Here in the Lafayette area we have the highest number of chain restaurants per capita (so says Guinness). Trust me, not flaunting that fact. It limits the number of smaller restaurants and drives a good amount of them out of business. So when I find a local restaurant that is really good, I get up on a soap box and shout it. Today I want to introduce you to Maru Sushi.

Hands down the best sushi in town. They are reasonably priced and have a great selection. Rainbow rolls, Playboy (and girl) rolls, and the Thai chili roll are currently my favorites. They also have noodle dishes and ridiculously cheap and tasty lunch specials (bulgogi rocks my world). I have been all over the menu and have been satisfied each time.


The place is usually packed so be prepared to wait for about 20 minutes. All the meals come with water or tea (who knew barley tea was so good) as well as appetizers. Yes, that's right; you get miso soup, some marinated veggies and pickled cucumbers as small snacks before your meal. I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I think it even beats chips and salsa.


I strongly urge everyone who enjoys sushi or Japanese cuisine to go have lunch or dinner here, it’s a great restaurant that has become my most frequented for dining or carrying out.


111 N Chauncey Ave
West Lafayette, IN 47906
(765) 743-2646

2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 24, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

Hey, found a link to your blog on Google Maps. What's the price range at this place? Is it pretty typical for carry out? Or is it more of a sit down style place with higher prices?

Unknown May 26, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

Glad to help! Most dishes run under $12. Sushi is extremely well priced compared to other locations in the area ($3-5 for a typical roll). They do carryout and sit down, but the atmosphere is very casual and lively.

It's really a great place, it's always really good. Hope that helps

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP